SEWS has compiled a list of handy websites relevant for our parents and students.
- ADHD Support Australia – online resources and community support for everything ADHD.
- Autism Spectrum Australia – Australia’s largest non-profit autism-specific service provider.
- Autism Training - access to a range of evidence-based materials and resources in support of school-aged students on the autism spectrum.
- Bear Cottage – the only children's hospice in NSW.
- Boardmaker Online – create new print and interactive activities to support communication for people with special needs.
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance - provides therapies, life skills, equipment and support for people with Cerebral Palsy.
- Disability Advocacy Finder – a tool made available by the Department of Social Services (DSS) for the purposes of listing the contact details and locations of disability advocacy agencies in your area.
- Down Syndrome Australia – the national voice for Down syndrome in Australia.
- EnableNSW – provides equipment, aids and care to assist with mobility, self-care, communication and respiratory equipment.
- Guide Dogs NSW – the leading provider of Guide Dogs and orientation and mobility services for people with sight loss.
- IDEAS – Information on Disability, Education and Awareness Services.
- Independent Living Centre – Australia – disability support services and products.
- Key Word Sign – supporting the use of Key Word Sign within NSW.
- MLAK key - Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK) allows people with a disability access to dedicated public facilities, including facilities in National Parks and many Council municipalities, elevators at railway stations, the new Changing Places facilities throughout Australia, disabled toilets that are locked, and even the Liberty Swing.
- NDIA – National Disability Insurance Agency.
- NESA – NSW Education Standards Authority.
- Northern Sydney Local Health District Carer Support - connecting carers to the variety of services available in Northern Sydney, across the caring spectrum.
- Siblings Australia – support for siblings of children and adults with chronic conditions including disability, chronic illness and mental health issues.
- Spectronics – inclusive learning technologies.
- Tacpac – a sensory communication resource using touch and music to help communication and social skills.
- TAD – personalised technology, equipment and services, including Freedom Wheels.
- Through the Maze Resource (NSW) – an information and support handbook for families of children and young people with disability in NSW.
- Triple P positive parenting program - online or face to face classes providing strategies to help strengthen family bonds and promote positive behaviour.
- Find out about what is going on in the department across schools and our corporate areas on https://education.nsw.gov.au/.
Most of these are free to use, however the sites that cost to join provide excellent learning activities. Our students may already have a login through the school.
- ABC Education – links to educational resources, games and websites.
- ABCya – educational games for kids.
- Help Kidz Learn - accessible games and activities for children with high support needs.
- Mathletics – online learning program aligned to Australian Curriculum Mathematics outcomes across the primary and secondary years.
- Reading Eggs – online reading program that helps children learn to read. Hundreds of online reading lessons, phonics games and books for ages 2–13.
- Storyline Online – free online stories for children.
- Study Ladder – a web-based program built by teachers to help students of all abilities have fun while learning.